21 July 2009

What happened to God? Where's the trust?

Alright, here's my chance to rave & rant about everything that's been happening.

I'm so frustrated with the parents in this church. I'm so sick of their accusations, gossip, and whatever else they have brought upon us. It's just all utterly a waste of my time.

So as you all might have known, I was away for camp this past weekend. This camp was just a chill weekend for us since our program got canceled since the parent's wouldn't allow us to go on our hiking trip to Tobermory. On Saturday night, we always end up walking through the forest when we're bored. This year we did just that, but everyone wanted to scare each other so you would have different groups of people going in at different times to hide in order to scare other people. The group of people I was with was one of the last people to go in and when we reached the end of the forest we spotted Dennis in this scary looking tube growling. LOL. With him was Lynna, Ann, and David. We asked them if they wanted to come back with us, but they said they were just gonna go for a walk for a bit. When we get back to the campsite...all hell broke loose. Parent's were going crazy about their children...particularly the 4 that decided to go for a walk. I have never heard such stupid and idiotic accusations in my life. Supposedly we weren't allowed to go into the forest because there are bears and other scary wilderness in there that can come out and attack us. C'mon, seriously? They know it's a tradition for us to walk through that forest. You can't even call it a forest cause it's so small.. but whatever. But yeah, out of those 10 times we've walked through that forest...have we ever came back shredded up, cut, or injured of any sort? NEVER. Other things I heard was that we were going into the forest to go have sex and do drugs. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? Hmm, what else is there. Oh yeah, the guys brought costumes to scare people right. So they hid the costumes under something and then someone starts accusing that we were hiding drugs there. Stupid? I think so. They must've felt so stupid when we pulled it out and showed that it was only a fat-man costume -_-

Pretty much, this camp they thought we were all having sex, doing drugs, and all that crap.

It just hurts me to see that the parents view us so lowly. There's no trust anymore. Absolutely none. What also hurts is to see a lot of the youth wanting to leave. I have even thought about leaving because this is all too much for me. That's why I've been thinking long and hard about going to university far away. I want to experience what's out there for me. I don't want to be stuck in this small little hole forever. But yeah, a lot of the youth are just questioning their faith now. "If this is how Christians are acting, I'm out." "Why is it that we grew up learning this Christian principles, and yet the ones who taught them to us, our parents, can't even follow them?" They're all reasonable question that I'm sure is going through all our minds. -Sigh-

We're going to have a BVAY leaders & parents meeting on Sunday. I don't know what to say since my parents weren't really part of this whole thing. I'll probably just talk about how the parents actions are affecting the youth so much to the point that they want to leave, including myself. Crystal's even prepared to resign if a certain someone says something stupid again. If she resigns, I'm done as well. I'm so sick and tired of putting so much energy into what I'm doing and to have them crushed by put downs by the parents. Yesterday, when we had a meeting with Ong Muc Su. We were saying how our youth group is going down because our priorities are all wrong now. Instead of having a youth group that glorifies God, we have a youth group who's doing things to satisfy the parents. Now that I look back at the last couple months, it is very true. There hasn't been any room for God because the parents have just been pushing and pulling us in every direction. That has left a fatal effect on the youth group. -sigh- There's so much more I could say, but I think I'm good for now...

Seriously, why is it that our youth group has so many problems?! -sigh- ...

2 comments:

cam-tu vu said...

I kind of know what you mean. sighs.

Anonymous said...

wow this was.. unexpected. sex? drugs? wth -.- but dont leave :( if ur gonna leave.. come to my church lol.